Thursday, June 20, 2013

DAY 11: Cake Encounters


There it was. Sitting on the counter. Big beautiful and white. Better known as angle food cake. 
I was trying to be careful all day. Lunch was already over. But temptation stood in the way.
And so, I ate it.
Yes, I grabbed a handful-sized mouthful. (Angle food cake squishes together really good!) I stuffed it in just as my daughter came walking down the hall. I could feel guilt paint my face. Even my posture had to look guilty as I crouched with the mouthful still un-chewed. 
"You are kidding me!" My daughter shrieked, "I have been measuring your food and you are eating THAT?!" She looked furious as she added, "I have had it. That is SO irritating." 
"Fine." I said. "Never measure my food again." I marched off chewing with my cheeks stuffed like a chipmunk.  
What I don't understand is: how come my skinny daughters take so long to eat that cake as much as they love it, and chubby me can down it in record time. I wish they would hurry up and eat it.
Tune in tomorrow to see what happens next in the cake dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment