Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 14: Dill Pickles Aren't Just For Pregnant Ladies

I am having a terrible time today. I was sooooo hungry. I had eaten two servings of my very favorite homemade vegetable beef soup recipe. Then I had another serving. Then I desperately longed for yet another

"Get out my scales again," I instructed my daughter. 

"Are you serious, Mom?!"she responded. "You are becoming high maintenance!"

"Jut do it," I said. "I am desperate: I want more soup. I am starving. Just see how much I weigh, and then tell me if you think I can have one more serving of soup. And hurry!" 

I held my breath, stood on the scales, and closed my eyes as my daughter read my current weight. 

"No," She said.

"What?" I demanded. 

"No," she repeated, "Do not eat more soup."

"You are kidding me," I said.

But then the idea "light bulb" turned on--PICKLES.

"I can have a dill pickle!" I cheered, "That's it! A dill pickle!!"

When I am starved on my diet I love to head for my jar of dill pickles in the fridge. 

Cold. Juicy. Loaded with flavor. I can really chew and enjoy a dill pickle at my most severe dieting moments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment